The Historical Society of the Nyacks “Liberty Street School” Exhibition rusn Saturday March 2nd through Saturday, June 8th
The Liberty Street School built in 1852 on the corner of Liberty Street and Depew Ave became the first public school in Nyack. The building, which contained grades 1-12 stood for 127 years. The exhibit gives us glimpses of the students and teachers from the 19th century as well as photographs, mementos and stories contributed by alumni for whom the school played an important role in their lives. Archives of the Nyack Historical Society and the Nyack Library Local History Room provided much source material for the exhibit.
Historical Society of the Nyacks is located in the
historic Depew House at 50 Piermont Avenue, Nyack NY 10960 – across
from Memorial Park. Enter under the front porch.
Open Hours are Saturdays from 1:00 to 4:00 P.M.
Visits to the Museum at other hours can be arranged by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us through our website, www.nyackhistory.org
A companion exhibition will be featured in the glass cases inside the
Nyack Library, Carnegie-Farian room, during the library’s open hours.
The library is located at 59 S. Broadway, Nyack NY 10960.